Oven fire in East Budleigh
PUBLISHED: 12:56 28 August 2012
Reports an oven was on fire in East Budleigh prompted a call from the fire service
Fire crews were called to a home in East Budleigh on Sunday night after receiving a report an oven was on fire.
Firefighters from Exmouth and Budleigh Salterton arrived shortly before 9pm where they found an oven was on fire in an end terrace two-storey thatched cottage.
The fire service said the cause of the fire was accidental and said no one was injured.
A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said a fire broke out in a small gas cooker, adding: “Two fire appliances from Budleigh Salterton and Exmouth were mobilised following a call from the occupant of a house reporting their oven was on fire.”
Firefighters wore breathing apparatus while tackling the blaze, and used one hose reel jet to extinguish the flames, plus a thermal image camera.
A ventilation fan cleared smoke from the property.