Man rescued by Exmouth firefighters and other news
07:00 20 August 2012
A man from Exmouth was rescued by firefighters after getting trapped in a lift in Rolle Road. Read this and more.
TRAPPED IN LIFT: A man from Exmouth was rescued by firefighters after getting trapped in a lift in Rolle Road.
The crews were called to the property shortly after 2pm on Tuesday.
A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “On arrival one male was discovered shut in the lift. Crews used a short extension ladder and small tools to release him.”
DOG CHIPPING: Dog owners can have their pets microchipped for free if they take them along to Honiton Show on Thursday, August 30.
East Devon District Council’s dog warden is offering the service to local pets that are not yet chipped and registered.
The microchips have been donated by the Dogs Trust charity, which will have an information stand at the agricultural show.
OLYMPIC GIFT: Exmouth WI’s craft group is gearing up to present a project to the town that has been four years in the making.
Exmouth mayor councillor John Humphreys will next month accept an Olympic collage created by Exmouth WI craft group.
The unveiling takes place at Exmouth town hall on September 18.
ST JOHN THANKS: The Exmouth branch of St John Ambulance has thanked The Grapevine pub in The Strand for raising funds to pay for vital medical equipment.
Thanks to the pub’s efforts in collecting almost £1,000, the volunteer medics now have the cash for a new combi carrier – a combined spinal board and stretcher.