Flat fire in Exmouth: residents evacuated

14:28 13 November 2012

�

Archant

Firefighters from Exmouth were called to flats in Imperial Road when a light fitting caught fire.

Firefighters from Exmouth were called to a fire in flats in Imperial Road on Monday evening.

When the crews arrived shortly before 11pm they found the three-storey building was ‘heavily smoke-logged’.

Fire crews wore breathing apparatus and used one hose reel and covering jet to douse the fire.

Thermal imaging equipment was used to confirm the fire had not spread.

A ventilation fan was used to clear smoke from the property.

0 comments

Other News Stories

Yesterday, 15:04
Exeter Magistrates Court

An Exmouth bus driver has been disqualified from driving after causing a collision.

Read more
Thu, 13:47
Exmouth TSB staff Louise Grant and Ben Pollard with Branch Manager Derek Sowden are pictured presenting a cheque that will total £540 to Richard Cousins and John Arnold from Hospiscare. Ref exe 2551-50-14. Picture: Simon Horn.

Staff at an Exmouth bank have got on their bike for Hospiscare - to round off a successful year of charity fundraising.

Read more
Thu, 09:51
Exeter Magistrates Court

An Exmouth couple could be disqualified from keeping dogs after they breached a control order.

Read more
Thu, 09:05
The seafront Premier Inn is taking shape. Ref exe 8371-42-14SH Picture: Simon Horn

The new Premier Inn on Exmouth seafront has started recruiting staff to fill 23 positions, now a manager and assistant manager have been recruited.

Read more

Local Weather

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 9°C

min temp: 7°C

Most Read News

Photo Orders
Competitions
Subscriptions
Facebook
Family notices
Exmouth Journal E-edition

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Exmouth Journal e-edition today E-edition
Exmouth�s trusted business finder