Flat fire in Exmouth: residents evacuated
PUBLISHED: 14:28 13 November 2012
Firefighters from Exmouth were called to flats in Imperial Road when a light fitting caught fire.
Firefighters from Exmouth were called to a fire in flats in Imperial Road on Monday evening.
When the crews arrived shortly before 11pm they found the three-storey building was ‘heavily smoke-logged’.
Fire crews wore breathing apparatus and used one hose reel and covering jet to douse the fire.
Thermal imaging equipment was used to confirm the fire had not spread.
A ventilation fan was used to clear smoke from the property.