Fire service called to fire in light fitting

Thursday, August 14, 2014
11:46 AM

Fire crews were called out this morning to reports of a fire at a property in The Strand.

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

Two fire appliances from Exmouth and one from Budleigh Salterton were called to the incident at 10.12am, after receiving reports of smoke and a burning smell.

On arrival, crews found there had been a small fire involving a light fitting, which was now out, and used small tools, a thermal imaging camera and a positive pressure ventilation fan to rid the property of smoke.

The cause of the fire was said to be accidental.

0 comments

Comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other Exmouth Journal visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by Exmouth Journal staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Forgotten your password?

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique Exmouth Journal account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

Photo Orders
Letters
Competitions
Subscriptions
Follow us on Facebook
View or book a notice

Join our newsletter

Local Search 24 – East Devon
Looking for a:

Location:

Search radius:

Exmouth's trusted business directory