Fire crews force their way into flat after gas leak

09:30 13 January 2014

Archant

Fire crews were called out yesterday afternoon to reports of a gas leak at an Exmouth home.

Two fire appliances were sent to the incident in Albion Street at 2.58pm, and confirmed a strong smell of gas coming from a first floor flat.

Crews forced their way into the flat, isolated a portable gas heater and ventilated the property.

They then left the incident in the hands of Wales and West Utilities.

0 comments

Other News Stories

14:12
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service has teamed up with Home Instead Senior Care.

A Budleigh-based care provider has teamed up with Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service to create a stronger community support network for the elderly.

Read more
Yesterday, 13:41
Exmouth Christmas Cracker 2014. Ref exe 2813-50-14AW. Picture: Alex Walton.

Exmouth puts on a festive feast and turns on the lights

Read more
Yesterday, 09:00
Staff and school children open the new store on Fore Street

Pupils from Topsham School helped to open the new-look Co-op store in Fore Street.

Read more
Mon, 15:16

Concerned residents of Knowle village will be taking to the streets to ensure that motorists passing through keep to the speed limit.

Read more

Local Weather

Overcast

Overcast

max temp: 13°C

min temp: 13°C

Most Read News

Photo Orders
Competitions
Subscriptions
Facebook
Family notices
Exmouth Journal E-edition

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Exmouth Journal e-edition today E-edition
Exmouth�s trusted business finder