Fire crews called to town centre fire
10:12 22 May 2014
Firefighters attending a fire in Exmouth on Wednesday evening. Picture by Emma Crane-Woodman.
Fire crews from Exmouth and Topsham were called out to a fire yesterday evening in Exmouth town centre.
The incident occurred at 6.52pm, when firefighters were called to a building fire at commercial premises in The Parade.
On arrival, crews put out the fire, which was within an industrial steam cleaner on the ground floor.
The property was heavily smoke logged, and crews used a ventilation fan to disperse the smoke.
The fire service said the cause of the fire was believed to be accidental.
Other News Stories
An Exmouth bus driver has been disqualified from driving after causing a collision.
Staff at an Exmouth bank have got on their bike for Hospiscare - to round off a successful year of charity fundraising.
An Exmouth couple could be disqualified from keeping dogs after they breached a control order.
The new Premier Inn on Exmouth seafront has started recruiting staff to fill 23 positions, now a manager and assistant manager have been recruited.