Fire crews called to oven fire at college

15:00 06 January 2014

Archant

Fire crews were called out this morning to reports of a fire in the kitchens at Exmouth Community College.

Two fire appliances from Exmouth Fire Station were called to the incident at 11.56am, and discovered there had been a small fire within a commercial oven in a kitchen, which was out on arrival.

Crews helped to ventilate the area, and left the incident in the hands of staff.

The cause of the fire was said to be accidental.

0 comments

Other News Stories

13:19
All prepared to enjoy the Budleigh Salterton Lions Christmas lunch on Saturday. Ref exb 3101-50-14. Picture: Simon Horn.

Elderly residents of Budleigh Salterton and the surrounding villages have again enjoyed a Christmas lunch thanks to the town’s lions club.

Read more
09:35

Fire crews were called out yesterday evening to a car fire on Woodbury Common.

Read more
Yesterday, 09:00

A move by Budleigh Salterton Cricket Club to a new ground in Copp Hill Lane should receive backing from district chiefs, members have been told.

Read more
Friday, December 19, 2014
Exeter Magistrates Court

An Exmouth bus driver has been disqualified from driving after causing a collision.

Read more

Local Weather

Overcast

Overcast

max temp: 12°C

min temp: 11°C

Most Read News

Photo Orders
Competitions
Subscriptions
Facebook
Family notices
Exmouth Journal E-edition

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Exmouth Journal e-edition today E-edition
Exmouth�s trusted business finder