Fire service called out to Exmouth kitchen fire

PUBLISHED: 09:53 16 February 2017

Fire engine

Fire engine

Archant

A fire crew was called out yesterday afternoon to deal with a kitchen fire in Exmouth.

One appliance from Exmouth responded to reports of a fire within a washing machine in Richmond Road at around 12.45pm.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “Crews arrived on scene and confirmed a fire within the washing machine which had been removed from the kitchen prior to arrival.

“A small area of the kitchen floor was damaged by the fire. Crews used one hose reel jet to ensure the fire was out. The cause was deemed accidental.”

Other News Stories

Yesterday, 19:04

The incident, on Rolle Road, caused long queues after the water spilled out on the road at 6.30pm.

Read more
Yesterday, 17:30

Dad-of-four Mark Bettridge, of Glebe Close, Lympstone, was fined £350 and given six penalty points on his driving licence after he admitted careless driving, resulting in a cyclist spending four days in intensive care

Read more
Yesterday, 17:03

Certificates and awards were presented to Exmouth National Coastwatch Institution members for their dedication to the sea safety service.

Read more
Yesterday, 17:02

Sir Hugo Swire met with patients and clinicians to discuss how to improve the lives of people suffering from anaemia as part of a drive to highlight the ‘hidden plight’ of iron deficiency.

Read more
Yesterday, 16:18

Round up of the great wildlife pictures submitted for our photo challenge.

Read more
Yesterday, 13:54

Archant - the publishers of your local newspaper - will be doing its bit to help demystify digital at this Thursday’s ‘East Devon Means Business’ event.

Read more
Yesterday, 12:30

An Exmouth group which helps people with dementia says it would welcome new members.

Read more
Yesterday, 11:11

Local photographers capture the power of the big storm.

Read more
Yesterday, 06:30

Exmouth’s best gardeners have had their skills recognised in the Exmouth in Bloom local gardening competition.

Read more
Yesterday, 06:30

Budleigh Salterton’s lions club is warning people that if the annual fireworks display at Pinewood Nursing Home does not comply with fire safety rules, they could lose the event for next year.

Read more

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Local Weather

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 15°C

min temp: 15°C

Most Read News

Useful Links

Advertise in the Paper
Submit a Story
Subscriptions Order
Competitions
Photo Orders
Family notices
iwitness24
Google Plus
Facebook
Twitter
Reader Travel


Read Online

Image
Read the Exmouth Journal e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Local business directory

Exmouth's trusted business finder

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists


Find planning applications