Exmouth holiday park evacuated

15:02 08 February 2013

Archant

Smoke coming from a gas boiler into a nightclub at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park prompted staff to evacuate the building while the fire service carried out checks.

Devon Cliffs Holiday Park nightclub was evacuated on Friday afternoon and the fire service called when a fire alarm began sounding.

When Exmouth firefighters arrived they used a thermal imaging camera to identify a problem with a gas boiler, which was allowing smoke into the building through a heating duct.

0 comments

Other News Stories

Yesterday, 15:04
Exeter Magistrates Court

An Exmouth bus driver has been disqualified from driving after causing a collision.

Read more
Thu, 13:47
Exmouth TSB staff Louise Grant and Ben Pollard with Branch Manager Derek Sowden are pictured presenting a cheque that will total £540 to Richard Cousins and John Arnold from Hospiscare. Ref exe 2551-50-14. Picture: Simon Horn.

Staff at an Exmouth bank have got on their bike for Hospiscare - to round off a successful year of charity fundraising.

Read more
Thu, 09:51
Exeter Magistrates Court

An Exmouth couple could be disqualified from keeping dogs after they breached a control order.

Read more
Thu, 09:05
The seafront Premier Inn is taking shape. Ref exe 8371-42-14SH Picture: Simon Horn

The new Premier Inn on Exmouth seafront has started recruiting staff to fill 23 positions, now a manager and assistant manager have been recruited.

Read more

Local Weather

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 9°C

min temp: 7°C

Most Read News

Photo Orders
Competitions
Subscriptions
Facebook
Family notices
Exmouth Journal E-edition

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Exmouth Journal e-edition today E-edition
Exmouth�s trusted business finder