Exmouth: Fire at Tesco garage

PUBLISHED: 12:04 06 March 2013 | UPDATED: 12:04 06 March 2013

Tesco garage was briefly closed on Wednesday morning when staff noticed smoke coming from a computer in the forecourt kiosk.

This reader's photograph shows the crew on the garage forecourt.

Tesco garage was briefly closed on Wednesday morning when staff noticed smoke coming from a computer in the forecourt kiosk. This reader's photograph shows the crew on the garage forecourt.

Archant

Firefighters were called to Salterton Road Tesco forecourt on Wednesday morning when a small fire broke out in a computer.

Tesco garage was briefly closed on Wednesday morning when staff noticed smoke coming from a computer in the forecourt kiosk.

Exmouth firefighters were called to the Salterton Road petrol station at around 9.30am, where they found small fire in the computer.

The garage was closed to the public for safety reasons while firefighters took the computer outside and used a fire extinguisher to make the equipment safe.

Ventilation fans were used within the shop to clear away smoke.

Other News Stories

07:00

A consultation on plans for a watersports centre on Exmouth seafront begins this weekend.

Read more
Yesterday, 18:02

Reports of slow traffic on Imperial Road following a collision this afternoon

Read more
Yesterday, 16:45

Anyone needing to use the M5 to get home may want to take an alternative route.

Read more
Yesterday, 16:40

A child star from Exmouth has been named as the best child actress on TV in the Philippines.

Read more
Yesterday, 11:58

Exmouth Carnival 2017 – held on Saturday, October 14 – drew big crowds to the town’s streets and raised more than £2,300 for good causes.

Read more
Yesterday, 11:36

The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for wind in East Devon on Saturday (October 21), warning of 50 miles-per-hour winds and possible flooding.

Read more
Yesterday, 09:23

The East Devon parliamentary constituency will lose Clyst St Mary to Exeter under new proposals to redraw the boundaries.

Read more
Yesterday, 07:21

Fire fighters were called out to an Exmouth hotel after an electrical socket started smoking in the early hours this morning (Wednesday).

Read more
Tue, 16:56

Old £1 coins are no longer being accepted in East Devon District Council’s (EDDC) car parks.

Read more
Tue, 15:45

A groundworker from Ottery – who was born in Exmouth – has raised £1,000 for charity by running and walking 116 miles along the Jurassic Coast.

Read more

Local Weather

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 14°C

min temp: 13°C

Most Read News

Useful Links

Advertise in the Paper
Submit a Story
Subscriptions Order
Competitions
Photo Orders
Family notices
iwitness24
Google Plus
Facebook
Twitter
Reader Travel


Read Online

Image
Read the Exmouth Journal e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Local business directory

Exmouth's trusted business finder

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists


Find planning applications