May 24 2013 Latest news:
Thursday, January 10, 2013
Fire crews from Exmouth were called out yesterday evening to deal with a kitchen fire at a Withycombe home.
Crews received a call at 9.41pm to say there was a smoke alarm sounding, and smoke, inside a property in Gibson Close.
Two fire appliances attended, and firefighters found a fire within the ground floor kitchen area.
An elderly woman was led to safety by fire crews, who extinguished the fire using breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet and a ventilation fan.
A Devon and Somerset Fire Service spokesman said the cause of the fire was accidental involving the cooker.