Crews called to oven fire in Exmouth
PUBLISHED: 10:20 28 December 2017 | UPDATED: 10:20 28 December 2017
Fire crews were called out to Exmouth last night after reports of an oven fire.
The town’s fire station sent two fire engines to an address in Tower Street shortly after 10pm on Wednesday evening.
On arrival, the first crew confirmed there was a small fire in an oven and used breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet and a safety jet to extinguish the flames.
A fire service spokesman said no further appliances were required.
He added said: “The incident commander confirmed there had been a fire in the kitchen of the property.
“Positive pressure ventilation was used to clear the property of smoke and fumes.
“The fire is believed to have started accidentally.”