Man treated for smoke inhalation in Colyton kitchen fire

PUBLISHED: 10:15 03 December 2017

Archant

Fire fighters called to Colyton fire after being alerted by fire alarm on Saturday

A man was treated for smoke inhalation after a kitchen fire at Colyton yesterday (Saturday).

A Colyton fire crew was called out just after 5pm to St Andrews Orchard following reports of a fire alarm sounding.

They found a man suffering from smoke inhalation and called for an ambulance, treating the casualty with oxygen while waiting for paramedics to arrive.

They discovered a small fire in the kitchen involving cooking and made the area safe.

The man was left in the care of South Western Ambulance Service paramedics.

Other News Stories

11 minutes ago

Fire crews were called out to deal with a fire at a property in Mansfield Terrace, Budleigh Salterton, this afternoon (Thursday, December 14).

Read more

Devon and Cornwall Police say Dinan Way is partially blocked this morning (Thursday, December 14) following a collision.

Read more
09:48

This year’s Carols on the Quay – the annual candle-lit service at Exmouth Marina – raised £433 for Christian Aid.

Read more
Yesterday, 18:13

Motorists should avoid the A3052 after a multi-vehicle accident on Wednesday evening

Read more
Tue, 18:42

Traffic is heavy on the A376 Exmouth Road this evening (Tuesday) after reports of multiple accidents.

Read more
Tue, 16:13

Leigh Rix from Clinton Devon Estates and Noel Stanton of developer Taylor Wimpey Exeter have made the first cut in the turf on the Plumb Park site, in Exmouth, earmarked for 350 homes.

Read more
Tue, 16:05

Helen Tribble, Exmouth Open Door Centre projects director, said: “Christmas is a wonderful time for those who have family and friends to spend it with, or who can afford to buy the turkey, but if you find it a difficult time, if you’re on your own this Christmas or if it’s a struggle financially, we want to invite you to join us at Open Door.

Read more
Tue, 13:49

Recycle your Christmas tree at one of eight events being held in the New year across East Devon.

Read more
Tue, 13:07

East Devon District Council is giving those illegal subleting their properties a month to hand back the keys without fear of prosecution.

Read more
Tue, 07:00

Youngsters from Withycombe Raleigh Primary School have filled 147 boxes with essentials and Christmas toys for children in underprivileged kids.

Read more

Local Weather

Rain

Rain

max temp: 6°C

min temp: 3°C

Most Read News

Useful Links

Advertise in the Paper
Submit a Story
Subscriptions Order
Competitions
Photo Orders
Family notices
iwitness24
Google Plus
Facebook
Twitter
Reader Travel


Read Online

Image
Read the Exmouth Journal e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Local business directory

Exmouth's trusted business finder

Show Job Lists


Find planning applications