Chimney fire tackled in Stockland

10:05 24 February 2012

Archant

Firefighters from Axminster extinguish blaze.

A chimney fire involving a wood-burning stove was tackled by firefighters from Axminster yesterday (Thursday).

The blaze, at Pondslake, Stockland, was reported to the emergency services at 1.49pm and one fire appliance was sent to the scene.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said firefighters used chimney gear and a thermal imaging camera to tackle the blaze.

“The crews made steady progress, extinguishing the fire, and used a 135 ladder, a hose reel jet and safety at height equipment,” a spokesman said.

0 comments

Other News Stories

Yesterday, 13:19
All prepared to enjoy the Budleigh Salterton Lions Christmas lunch on Saturday. Ref exb 3101-50-14. Picture: Simon Horn.

Elderly residents of Budleigh Salterton and the surrounding villages have again enjoyed a Christmas lunch thanks to the town’s lions club.

Read more
Yesterday, 09:35

Fire crews were called out yesterday evening to a car fire on Woodbury Common.

Read more
Sunday, December 21, 2014

A move by Budleigh Salterton Cricket Club to a new ground in Copp Hill Lane should receive backing from district chiefs, members have been told.

Read more
Friday, December 19, 2014
Exeter Magistrates Court

An Exmouth bus driver has been disqualified from driving after causing a collision.

Read more

Local Weather

Overcast

Overcast

max temp: 11°C

min temp: 7°C

Most Read News

Photo Orders
Competitions
Subscriptions
Facebook
Family notices
Exmouth Journal E-edition

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Exmouth Journal e-edition today E-edition
Exmouth�s trusted business finder