Cat rescued from town centre fire

Wednesday, July 2, 2014
2:51 PM

Fire crews were called out this lunchtime to a fire above a hair salon in Exmouth town centre.

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

Fire appliances from Exmouth, Budleigh Salterton and Topsham attended the incident, which started at 12.19pm with reports of smoke coming from a flat in Albion Street.

Crews found a small fire in a kitchen above Rapunzels hair salon, and extinguished it using hoses, a thermal imaging camera and breathing apparatus.

A cat was also rescued by firefighters.

The fire service said the fire involved materials that had been left on the hob, and minor damage was caused.

0 comments

Comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other Exmouth Journal visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by Exmouth Journal staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Forgotten your password?

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique Exmouth Journal account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

Photo Orders
Letters
Competitions
Subscriptions
Follow us on Facebook
View or book a notice

Join our newsletter

Local Search 24 – East Devon
Looking for a:

Location:

Search radius:

Exmouth's trusted business directory