Fire crews had to be called out yesterday evening (Boxing Day) to deal with a fire at a Withycombe home.

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

One fire appliance from Exmouth was sent to reports of a fire alarm sounding at the property in Withycombe Village Road, and arrived a small fire had occurred in a microwave involving a bed warmer.

The fire was out on arrival, but crews requested an ambulance for the elderly occupant, who was suffering from smoke inhalation.

An ambulance service spokesman said the patient, a woman in her mid-80s, was treated at the scene.

0 comments

Photo Orders
Letters
Competitions
Subscriptions
Follow us on Facebook
View or book a notice

Join our newsletter

Local Search 24 – East Devon
Looking for a:

Location:

Search radius:

Exmouth's trusted business directory